Guess who’s back? Yup, the G-Unit leader has hand-delivered his
first single off his forthcoming winter release, Before I Self-Destruct. Following the old adage, “if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it,” Fifty has hooked up with past collaborator (and former yacht owner) Scott Storch, whose talents helped to craft hits like Candy Shop and Just A Lil Bit, for the club-built banger Get Up. While this new concoction is certainly no In Da Club, this richer-than-Richie emcee once again sounds aggressive on the microphone and is backed by stellar spin-worthy production. The follow up to last year’s pseudo-self-titled Curtis, Fifty’s new album is one step closer to the end of his record contract with Universal-owned Interscope. Following his December 9 release (and a contractually-obligated greatest hits album), Mr. Cent will officially be a free agent. So, where does the bidding start?
Written by DJ Z on 10/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.