Guess who’s back? Yup, the G-Unit leader has hand-delivered his
first single off his forthcoming winter release, Before I Self-Destruct. Following the old adage, “if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it,” Fifty has hooked up with past collaborator (and former yacht owner) Scott Storch, whose talents helped to craft hits like Candy Shop and Just A Lil Bit, for the club-built banger Get Up. While this new concoction is certainly no In Da Club, this richer-than-Richie emcee once again sounds aggressive on the microphone and is backed by stellar spin-worthy production. The follow up to last year’s pseudo-self-titled Curtis, Fifty’s new album is one step closer to the end of his record contract with Universal-owned Interscope. Following his December 9 release (and a contractually-obligated greatest hits album), Mr. Cent will officially be a free agent. So, where does the bidding start?
Written by DJ Z on 10/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.