Guess who’s back? Yup, the G-Unit leader has hand-delivered his
first single off his forthcoming winter release, Before I Self-Destruct. Following the old adage, “if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it,” Fifty has hooked up with past collaborator (and former yacht owner) Scott Storch, whose talents helped to craft hits like Candy Shop and Just A Lil Bit, for the club-built banger Get Up. While this new concoction is certainly no In Da Club, this richer-than-Richie emcee once again sounds aggressive on the microphone and is backed by stellar spin-worthy production. The follow up to last year’s pseudo-self-titled Curtis, Fifty’s new album is one step closer to the end of his record contract with Universal-owned Interscope. Following his December 9 release (and a contractually-obligated greatest hits album), Mr. Cent will officially be a free agent. So, where does the bidding start?
Written by DJ Z on 10/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.