Guess who’s back? Yup, the G-Unit leader has hand-delivered his
first single off his forthcoming winter release, Before I Self-Destruct. Following the old adage, “if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it,” Fifty has hooked up with past collaborator (and former yacht owner) Scott Storch, whose talents helped to craft hits like Candy Shop and Just A Lil Bit, for the club-built banger Get Up. While this new concoction is certainly no In Da Club, this richer-than-Richie emcee once again sounds aggressive on the microphone and is backed by stellar spin-worthy production. The follow up to last year’s pseudo-self-titled Curtis, Fifty’s new album is one step closer to the end of his record contract with Universal-owned Interscope. Following his December 9 release (and a contractually-obligated greatest hits album), Mr. Cent will officially be a free agent. So, where does the bidding start?
Written by DJ Z on 10/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.