On his new single, Fire, Fiddy raps “Third time around/You know how I get down.” Wow, really? All these years you only needed one single (In Da Club, Candy Shop) to go platinum, but on the ‘third time around’ you needed six singles to sell a million? Fiddy could blame the Internet for declining album sales, except that excuse would be old. Clearly, the way artists ‘get down’ has changed; even for an artist of 50’s caliber. So what’s the cure? Fifty’s as lost as anyone, so he’s simply decided to release more music. Thus the seventh official release from Interscope which finds Fiddy and fellow G-Unit member Young Buck joining forces with singer Nicole Scherzinger.
Written by DJ Z on 12/4/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.