On his new single, Fire, Fiddy raps “Third time around/You know how I get down.” Wow, really? All these years you only needed one single (In Da Club, Candy Shop) to go platinum, but on the ‘third time around’ you needed six singles to sell a million? Fiddy could blame the Internet for declining album sales, except that excuse would be old. Clearly, the way artists ‘get down’ has changed; even for an artist of 50’s caliber. So what’s the cure? Fifty’s as lost as anyone, so he’s simply decided to release more music. Thus the seventh official release from Interscope which finds Fiddy and fellow G-Unit member Young Buck joining forces with singer Nicole Scherzinger.
Written by DJ Z on 12/4/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.