On his new single, Fire, Fiddy raps “Third time around/You know how I get down.” Wow, really? All these years you only needed one single (In Da Club, Candy Shop) to go platinum, but on the ‘third time around’ you needed six singles to sell a million? Fiddy could blame the Internet for declining album sales, except that excuse would be old. Clearly, the way artists ‘get down’ has changed; even for an artist of 50’s caliber. So what’s the cure? Fifty’s as lost as anyone, so he’s simply decided to release more music. Thus the seventh official release from Interscope which finds Fiddy and fellow G-Unit member Young Buck joining forces with singer Nicole Scherzinger.
Written by DJ Z on 12/4/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.