On his new single, Fire, Fiddy raps “Third time around/You know how I get down.” Wow, really? All these years you only needed one single (In Da Club, Candy Shop) to go platinum, but on the ‘third time around’ you needed six singles to sell a million? Fiddy could blame the Internet for declining album sales, except that excuse would be old. Clearly, the way artists ‘get down’ has changed; even for an artist of 50’s caliber. So what’s the cure? Fifty’s as lost as anyone, so he’s simply decided to release more music. Thus the seventh official release from Interscope which finds Fiddy and fellow G-Unit member Young Buck joining forces with singer Nicole Scherzinger.
Written by DJ Z on 12/4/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.