The rumors are true; Forbes Magazine’s top three hip hop moguls of 2007 are all on one track. On the “Forbes 1, 2, 3” remix of I Get Money, Fiddy (ranked #2) leads off, bragging that he’s still as street as ever (despite his major status). Diddy, who represents the #3 in the song title, shows off his ten years of experience in the mogul biz, bragging about how he hired Johnny Cochran to get off the hook in 2001. However, neither can hold a candle (both lyrically or financially) to the #1 hip-hop mogul, Jay-Z, who describes his progress as a hustler from the Marcy Projects to the Def Jam presidential office. While every other rapper boasts about his bankroll, finally a track from the only three who have the right to do so.
Written by Burmy on 09/17/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.