The rumors are true; Forbes Magazine’s top three hip hop moguls of 2007 are all on one track. On the “Forbes 1, 2, 3” remix of I Get Money, Fiddy (ranked #2) leads off, bragging that he’s still as street as ever (despite his major status). Diddy, who represents the #3 in the song title, shows off his ten years of experience in the mogul biz, bragging about how he hired Johnny Cochran to get off the hook in 2001. However, neither can hold a candle (both lyrically or financially) to the #1 hip-hop mogul, Jay-Z, who describes his progress as a hustler from the Marcy Projects to the Def Jam presidential office. While every other rapper boasts about his bankroll, finally a track from the only three who have the right to do so.
Written by Burmy on 09/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.