The rumors are true; Forbes Magazine’s top three hip hop moguls of 2007 are all on one track. On the “Forbes 1, 2, 3” remix of I Get Money, Fiddy (ranked #2) leads off, bragging that he’s still as street as ever (despite his major status). Diddy, who represents the #3 in the song title, shows off his ten years of experience in the mogul biz, bragging about how he hired Johnny Cochran to get off the hook in 2001. However, neither can hold a candle (both lyrically or financially) to the #1 hip-hop mogul, Jay-Z, who describes his progress as a hustler from the Marcy Projects to the Def Jam presidential office. While every other rapper boasts about his bankroll, finally a track from the only three who have the right to do so.
Written by Burmy on 09/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.