The rumors are true; Forbes Magazine’s top three hip hop moguls of 2007 are all on one track. On the “Forbes 1, 2, 3” remix of I Get Money, Fiddy (ranked #2) leads off, bragging that he’s still as street as ever (despite his major status). Diddy, who represents the #3 in the song title, shows off his ten years of experience in the mogul biz, bragging about how he hired Johnny Cochran to get off the hook in 2001. However, neither can hold a candle (both lyrically or financially) to the #1 hip-hop mogul, Jay-Z, who describes his progress as a hustler from the Marcy Projects to the Def Jam presidential office. While every other rapper boasts about his bankroll, finally a track from the only three who have the right to do so.
Written by Burmy on 09/17/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.