With a few rocky years’ worth of lukewarm reviews behind him, 50 Cent has a lot left to prove in 2009. With recent mixtapes War Angel and Forever King, the emcee returned to the hard-hitting style that caught Em‘s ear back in ‘02. Now, he’s preparing to bring his trilogy to a close with the release of The 50th Law of Power. Lead single Flight 187 finds the G-Unit general employing a new-and-improved, Shady-inspired flow as he delivers his thoughts on the state of the game (and his career). Over Phoenix’ ear-paralyzing beat, the rapper opines on everything from his personal life to Michael Vick’s dogfighting conviction to Hova‘s street cred. The 50th Law of Power has yet to receive a solid release date; those craving more hard beats and catchy flows should keep it locked to our frontpage for all the latest.
Written by BK2LV on 09/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.