With a few rocky years’ worth of lukewarm reviews behind him, 50 Cent has a lot left to prove in 2009. With recent mixtapes War Angel and Forever King, the emcee returned to the hard-hitting style that caught Em‘s ear back in ‘02. Now, he’s preparing to bring his trilogy to a close with the release of The 50th Law of Power. Lead single Flight 187 finds the G-Unit general employing a new-and-improved, Shady-inspired flow as he delivers his thoughts on the state of the game (and his career). Over Phoenix’ ear-paralyzing beat, the rapper opines on everything from his personal life to Michael Vick’s dogfighting conviction to Hova‘s street cred. The 50th Law of Power has yet to receive a solid release date; those craving more hard beats and catchy flows should keep it locked to our frontpage for all the latest.
Written by BK2LV on 09/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.