With a few rocky years’ worth of lukewarm reviews behind him, 50 Cent has a lot left to prove in 2009. With recent mixtapes War Angel and Forever King, the emcee returned to the hard-hitting style that caught Em‘s ear back in ‘02. Now, he’s preparing to bring his trilogy to a close with the release of The 50th Law of Power. Lead single Flight 187 finds the G-Unit general employing a new-and-improved, Shady-inspired flow as he delivers his thoughts on the state of the game (and his career). Over Phoenix’ ear-paralyzing beat, the rapper opines on everything from his personal life to Michael Vick’s dogfighting conviction to Hova‘s street cred. The 50th Law of Power has yet to receive a solid release date; those craving more hard beats and catchy flows should keep it locked to our frontpage for all the latest.
Written by BK2LV on 09/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.