A decade after the release of Get Rich or Die Trying, 50 Cent is tremendously wealthy and very much alive. Needless to say, that’s cause for celebration, and celebrate he does on his latest feature. Written and recorded earlier this week and released Friday to commemorate his seminal debut set’s 10th birthday, non-album loosie Financial Freedom features the emcee going in over a quietly intense, sampled beat by Buckwild. Director Eif Rivera matches Curtis’ raw, off-the-cuff delivery and candid subject matter on the visual tip, emphasizing the record’s lyrical focus by cutting away to a spinning pair of the rapper’s Sync headphones come verse three. (OK, there may have been commercial as well as artistic motivations behind that decision). Has 50 succeeded in channeling his younger, hungrier self with this caked-up selection? Debate away—and watch the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the spring release of his long-awaited fifth album, Street King Immortal.
Written by richard on 02/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.