A decade after the release of Get Rich or Die Trying, 50 Cent is tremendously wealthy and very much alive. Needless to say, that’s cause for celebration, and celebrate he does on his latest feature. Written and recorded earlier this week and released Friday to commemorate his seminal debut set’s 10th birthday, non-album loosie Financial Freedom features the emcee going in over a quietly intense, sampled beat by Buckwild. Director Eif Rivera matches Curtis’ raw, off-the-cuff delivery and candid subject matter on the visual tip, emphasizing the record’s lyrical focus by cutting away to a spinning pair of the rapper’s Sync headphones come verse three. (OK, there may have been commercial as well as artistic motivations behind that decision). Has 50 succeeded in channeling his younger, hungrier self with this caked-up selection? Debate away—and watch the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the spring release of his long-awaited fifth album, Street King Immortal.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.