When 50 Cent left his longtime recording home at Shady/Interscope for the independent green grass at Caroline/Capitol, many believed that the primary reason was because of creative control. Several months later, the real reason has now become widely apparent; Curtis wanted to release every single record off his new album, prior to it’s release, and Jimmy Iovine simply wasn’t having it. Everytime I Come Around, which features G-Unit affiliate Kidd Kidd, is the seventh single release from Animal Ambition, which only houses 11 tracks. The visuals for the record, directed by Eif Rivera, are a rather simple affair, featuring the headliner and his guest rapping on top of a building, on top of stairs, in front of an expensive car and huddled next to a posse of followers near the subway. It’s obvious the whole “independent rapper” life is a new situation for Fiddy, but come June 3, we’ll find out if the mass release of all of the LP’s tracks was a good move or a bad one.
Written by DJ Z on 04/29/14
For this review, I’m doing things a bit differently. We’re going to take a tour through the animal kingdom, paralleling 50 Cent’s animal instinct as heard on his new album, Animal Instinct: An Untamed Desire to Win,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.