When 50 Cent left his longtime recording home at Shady/Interscope for the independent green grass at Caroline/Capitol, many believed that the primary reason was because of creative control. Several months later, the real reason has now become widely apparent; Curtis wanted to release every single record off his new album, prior to it’s release, and Jimmy Iovine simply wasn’t having it. Everytime I Come Around, which features G-Unit affiliate Kidd Kidd, is the seventh single release from Animal Ambition, which only houses 11 tracks. The visuals for the record, directed by Eif Rivera, are a rather simple affair, featuring the headliner and his guest rapping on top of a building, on top of stairs, in front of an expensive car and huddled next to a posse of followers near the subway. It’s obvious the whole “independent rapper” life is a new situation for Fiddy, but come June 3, we’ll find out if the mass release of all of the LP’s tracks was a good move or a bad one.
Written by DJ Z on 04/29/14
For this review, I’m doing things a bit differently. We’re going to take a tour through the animal kingdom, paralleling 50 Cent’s animal instinct as heard on his new album, Animal Instinct: An Untamed Desire to Win,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know ft. 50 Cent, Ca$his & Lloyd Banks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.