While you probably spent your weekend mornings nursing a hangover, 50 Cent is ignoring your girl’s call five times at a video shoot with tricked out vehicles I don’t even know the names of. In his latest video for Chase The Paper, released last week, 50 brings out New York veterans Prodigy and Styles P, and New Orleans’ Kidd Kidd to explain to those who are a bit slow the other differences between you and them. Director Eif Rivera turns the chilling organs provided by Ty Fyffe into a hymnal about the sins of crossing these four emcees in the church of G-Unit. Don’t for a second think that 50 has lost his muscle, figuratively or literally, since becoming a business man. Chase The Paper will indeed appear on his upcoming LP, Animal Ambition, scheduled for release June 3.
Written by Bryan H on 04/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Don't Know" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.