They say that the Bay Area does things a little different, and they’re not wrong. Can you picture a cut like Tiki Tiki coming from anywhere else? For their latest release San Francisco-based crew 40 Love, last seen on our pages Thinking Too Much, get on their international grind as producers Mikos and The Whooligan turn out a heavy, Far East inspired beat that 40Love emcees Miss Haze and G-OFF flip into a dopely inspiring cut. Mix in a verse from the always solid Zumbi (of Zion I) and you’ve got the perfect lead in to the group’s upcoming Dreams Don’t Sleep album, due out July 24. So whether you’re in the Bay Area or beyond, turn this one all the way up.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.