They say that the Bay Area does things a little different, and they’re not wrong. Can you picture a cut like Tiki Tiki coming from anywhere else? For their latest release San Francisco-based crew 40 Love, last seen on our pages Thinking Too Much, get on their international grind as producers Mikos and The Whooligan turn out a heavy, Far East inspired beat that 40Love emcees Miss Haze and G-OFF flip into a dopely inspiring cut. Mix in a verse from the always solid Zumbi (of Zion I) and you’ve got the perfect lead in to the group’s upcoming Dreams Don’t Sleep album, due out July 24. So whether you’re in the Bay Area or beyond, turn this one all the way up.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.