They say that the Bay Area does things a little different, and they’re not wrong. Can you picture a cut like Tiki Tiki coming from anywhere else? For their latest release San Francisco-based crew 40 Love, last seen on our pages Thinking Too Much, get on their international grind as producers Mikos and The Whooligan turn out a heavy, Far East inspired beat that 40Love emcees Miss Haze and G-OFF flip into a dopely inspiring cut. Mix in a verse from the always solid Zumbi (of Zion I) and you’ve got the perfect lead in to the group’s upcoming Dreams Don’t Sleep album, due out July 24. So whether you’re in the Bay Area or beyond, turn this one all the way up.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/19/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)