They say that the Bay Area does things a little different, and they’re not wrong. Can you picture a cut like Tiki Tiki coming from anywhere else? For their latest release San Francisco-based crew 40 Love, last seen on our pages Thinking Too Much, get on their international grind as producers Mikos and The Whooligan turn out a heavy, Far East inspired beat that 40Love emcees Miss Haze and G-OFF flip into a dopely inspiring cut. Mix in a verse from the always solid Zumbi (of Zion I) and you’ve got the perfect lead in to the group’s upcoming Dreams Don’t Sleep album, due out July 24. So whether you’re in the Bay Area or beyond, turn this one all the way up.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.