Think you Think Too Much? I feel your pain. Unfortunately, there’s no known cure for excessive introspection; in fact, even pondering your affliction is guaranteed to make it worse. Your only hope may be to channel some of that frantic mental activity into an artistic pursuit. The San Francisco natives who make up Booth-newcoming crew 40Love, for example, chose hip-hop as their creative outlet—and, whatever the effectiveness of the treatment, heads are sure to appreciatee the results. An exclusive world premiere, this record finds DJ/producers Miko and The Whooligan layering synth squeals over a minimalistic rhythm section as emcee/vocalist Miss Haze and rapper G-OFF put their gray matter to work on the mic, sharing their reflections on everything from Apple’s secret political views (“I think my iPhone is homophobic, ‘cause when I type ‘syke’ [it’s] autocorrected to ‘dyke.’”) to the nature of God. Has this brainy banger whet your appetite for more? Further food for thought can be found on the crew’s Dreams Don’t Sleep album, dropping July 24, and featuring guest appearances by such underground notables as Zumbi of Zion I, Black Spade and The Park.
Written by richard on 06/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.