The “War for the West” between 50‘s G-Unit and The Game‘s Black Wall Street has been slowly playing out since 2005. After The Game left G-Unit, in came Spider Loc and Hot Rod. Those moves then prompted BWS to scoop up Clyde Carson and Juice. (Still following along?) Looking to tip the scale in permanent favor of G-Unit, LA’s 40 Glocc (co-signed to Mobb Deep’s Infamous label) is headed to the club with his new single, Let Me Borrow You. While Glocc puts in some powerful ammo, Akon’s contributions to the hook and the beat easily overshadow Glocc’s verse. However, it should be more than enough to get Glocc into the national spotlight and certainly garner a few playlists inclusions. Does the Unit have the edge? Who knows. But more importantly, does anyone care?
Written by Burmy on 01/14/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Streetz Won't Let Down ft. Trey Songz, Yacc & Locie Loc" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.