The “War for the West” between 50‘s G-Unit and The Game‘s Black Wall Street has been slowly playing out since 2005. After The Game left G-Unit, in came Spider Loc and Hot Rod. Those moves then prompted BWS to scoop up Clyde Carson and Juice. (Still following along?) Looking to tip the scale in permanent favor of G-Unit, LA’s 40 Glocc (co-signed to Mobb Deep’s Infamous label) is headed to the club with his new single, Let Me Borrow You. While Glocc puts in some powerful ammo, Akon’s contributions to the hook and the beat easily overshadow Glocc’s verse. However, it should be more than enough to get Glocc into the national spotlight and certainly garner a few playlists inclusions. Does the Unit have the edge? Who knows. But more importantly, does anyone care?
Written by Burmy on 01/14/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Streetz Won't Let Down ft. Trey Songz, Yacc & Locie Loc" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)