The “War for the West” between 50‘s G-Unit and The Game‘s Black Wall Street has been slowly playing out since 2005. After The Game left G-Unit, in came Spider Loc and Hot Rod. Those moves then prompted BWS to scoop up Clyde Carson and Juice. (Still following along?) Looking to tip the scale in permanent favor of G-Unit, LA’s 40 Glocc (co-signed to Mobb Deep’s Infamous label) is headed to the club with his new single, Let Me Borrow You. While Glocc puts in some powerful ammo, Akon’s contributions to the hook and the beat easily overshadow Glocc’s verse. However, it should be more than enough to get Glocc into the national spotlight and certainly garner a few playlists inclusions. Does the Unit have the edge? Who knows. But more importantly, does anyone care?
Written by Burmy on 01/14/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Streetz Won't Let Down ft. Trey Songz, Yacc & Locie Loc" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.