The “War for the West” between 50‘s G-Unit and The Game‘s Black Wall Street has been slowly playing out since 2005. After The Game left G-Unit, in came Spider Loc and Hot Rod. Those moves then prompted BWS to scoop up Clyde Carson and Juice. (Still following along?) Looking to tip the scale in permanent favor of G-Unit, LA’s 40 Glocc (co-signed to Mobb Deep’s Infamous label) is headed to the club with his new single, Let Me Borrow You. While Glocc puts in some powerful ammo, Akon’s contributions to the hook and the beat easily overshadow Glocc’s verse. However, it should be more than enough to get Glocc into the national spotlight and certainly garner a few playlists inclusions. Does the Unit have the edge? Who knows. But more importantly, does anyone care?
Written by Burmy on 01/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Streetz Won't Let Down ft. Trey Songz, Yacc & Locie Loc" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.