Following a plethora of mixtapes, Diplomat affiliate 40 Cal is ready to finally release a full-length album. After declaring that Dipset Is Ova and pledging his allegiance to Juelz Santana‘s Skull Gang, the former battle rapper has inked a new deal with indie label RBC Records to release his debut, The Yellow Tape. On the album’s first single, Cal proceeds to Shut Em Down with the same adaptability that gave him his cred on the freestyle circuit. Adding a military-drill sound is producer X.O., whose simplistic percussion beat brings about a sound not heard from Dipset since Santana’s ‘05 single, Clockwork. Will 40 Cal be able to build on his flight out of the eagle’s shadow? The April 1 release of The Yellow Tape should answer that question.
Written by Burmy on 03/6/08
Submit your Rating
RBC RecordsGold Dust Media
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dip Dip ft. Juelz Santana" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.