If you’re not aware that the dopeness coming out of Atlanta runs far deeper than the usual suspects – Ludacris, Outkast, etc. – shame on you. Lucky for you, all you have to do is keep an eye on the Booth and you’ll hear all the fresh new ATlien talent, like 4-IZE and his latest song Let’cha Boy Go. While IZE originally hails from Chicago, Illinois, we won’t hold that against him (or DJ Z), as on Let’cha he shows he can throw it down alongside anyone in the A, including the South’s latest up-and-comer, B.o.B. The Honorable C Note works the production, making the dirty south proud with heavy brass abound, all while 4-IZE pushes club banger boundaries with his hard yet humorous lyrical content: “Move with an unstoppable force, I’m an avalanche…Jeans baggy like Hammer pants.” If this is the future of hip-hop in Atlanta, then I’ll be making musical trips to Georgia for some time to come. If you liked getting dirty to this one, be sure to keep a lookout for 4-IZE’s latest project, Upstairs Studios Presents, due to arrive September 2010.
Amon'st Frenz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It 4 The Haterz Again ft. Ludacris & Chingy" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.