If you’re not aware that the dopeness coming out of Atlanta runs far deeper than the usual suspects – Ludacris, Outkast, etc. – shame on you. Lucky for you, all you have to do is keep an eye on the Booth and you’ll hear all the fresh new ATlien talent, like 4-IZE and his latest song Let’cha Boy Go. While IZE originally hails from Chicago, Illinois, we won’t hold that against him (or DJ Z), as on Let’cha he shows he can throw it down alongside anyone in the A, including the South’s latest up-and-comer, B.o.B. The Honorable C Note works the production, making the dirty south proud with heavy brass abound, all while 4-IZE pushes club banger boundaries with his hard yet humorous lyrical content: “Move with an unstoppable force, I’m an avalanche…Jeans baggy like Hammer pants.” If this is the future of hip-hop in Atlanta, then I’ll be making musical trips to Georgia for some time to come. If you liked getting dirty to this one, be sure to keep a lookout for 4-IZE’s latest project, Upstairs Studios Presents, due to arrive September 2010.
Written by Sigurd on 08/29/10
Amon'st Frenz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It 4 The Haterz Again ft. Ludacris & Chingy" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.