Remember when you listened to those Ludacris freestyles on his debut album and thought to yourself, “Damn, 4-Ize is nice with the punchlines?” Well, the Disturbing Tha Peace affiliate is still up to his old tricks, but takes a more serious approach with his new record, Don’t Nobody Care. Reveling, as we all are, in the victory of President-Elect Obama, the Chicago/Atlanta dual resident gives listeners and in-depth report on 9/11, delving into our failing economy and the “lies” that the American government sells to the public. This introspective effort is boosted by producer Floyd the Loc Smif, whose subtle piano stabs lend gravitas to issues that people should care more about. If only the strong survive, then this yet-untitled album could be what it takes to usher the oft-stale rap game into the bright days ahead.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/18/08
Submit your Rating
Amon'st Frenz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It 4 The Haterz Again ft. Ludacris & Chingy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.