Remember when you listened to those Ludacris freestyles on his debut album and thought to yourself, “Damn, 4-Ize is nice with the punchlines?” Well, the Disturbing Tha Peace affiliate is still up to his old tricks, but takes a more serious approach with his new record, Don’t Nobody Care. Reveling, as we all are, in the victory of President-Elect Obama, the Chicago/Atlanta dual resident gives listeners and in-depth report on 9/11, delving into our failing economy and the “lies” that the American government sells to the public. This introspective effort is boosted by producer Floyd the Loc Smif, whose subtle piano stabs lend gravitas to issues that people should care more about. If only the strong survive, then this yet-untitled album could be what it takes to usher the oft-stale rap game into the bright days ahead.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/18/08
Submit your Rating
Amon'st Frenz Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do It 4 The Haterz Again ft. Ludacris & Chingy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.