Not only is NYC rap buzzmaker 360 determined to make it to the top of the hip-hop game but, like Frank Sinatra, he’s committed to doing it his way. For the official remix of Own Thing, a record featured on last spring’s Everything & Back EP, the artist enlists a couple independently-minted industry notables to share their experiences making their way through the industry on their own terms. D-Block vet Jadakiss and Gary, Indiana gangster Freddie Gibbs jump on Kuddie Fresh‘s street-ready production to spit about their respective ruggedly-individualistic m.o.‘s, and an uncredited female singer handles the chorus. In addition to copping the original version of this cut as part of Everything & Back, fans can keep it locked for details on 360’s currently untitled and unscheduled forthcoming EP, set to feature the reader-approved Hustler’s Withdrawal and much more.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view 360’s SNKNY-directed Own Thing (Remix) visual.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.