Don’t let the Mickey Mouse sweatshirt and completely non-threatening facial expression on his artist page fool you—360 is a stone-cold murderer… of beats. As for people, well, I’m pretty sure the emcee’s conscience is clear—though, hey, you never know! In any case, Killer finds the Melbourne, Australia representative departing from the lyrically-driven pop stylings of Booth debut Throw It Away to craft a more straightforward dancefloor scorcher. The ‘96 Bulls show surprising production chops for a bunch of retired B-ballers, layering glossy synths and driving guitar riffs over a four-on-the-floor beat as 360 gets his 007 on: “I’ve gotta get my license to kill, so I’m down here to tighten my skill / If I spend the right time in the field, then I know that I finally will.” Time to weigh in, Booth readers: if you were sitting in the examiner’s seat, would the mic-wrecking skills 360 showcases here earn him his killer’s license (you know, if such a thing existed)? Those who pass the up-and-comer should mark their calendars for the Sept. 30, release of his Falling & Flying LP, as well as picking up the Killer remix bundle (featuring contributions from 12th Planet, Redial, Dr. Don-Don and Los Maddens) when it hits the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 09/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Throw It Away" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.