In recent years, dancehall has become an integral part of the urban music landscape, and one of the newest acts hoping to bring their own spin on the increasingly-popular genre to an international audience is 3 Kingz, a trio of rising stars who honed their musical skills as children growing up in the slums of Jamaica. On a brand new buzz single called, well, Brand New, Curt, Craig, and Ramon introduce listeners to their unique style, which might best be described as “R&B with a Jamaican twist.” Dadetown Music head Bigg D takes on production duties for this cut, which is derived from The Stylistics’ Philadelphia soul classic of the same name. With a classic slow-jam backdrop and reggae-influenced verses, this for-the-ladies record has plenty of crossover potential. Three Kingz’ debut album has yet to receive a title or release date, but an enthusiastic listener response to Brand New may be what it takes to get the label’s attention.
Written by richard on 01/5/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.