In recent years, dancehall has become an integral part of the urban music landscape, and one of the newest acts hoping to bring their own spin on the increasingly-popular genre to an international audience is 3 Kingz, a trio of rising stars who honed their musical skills as children growing up in the slums of Jamaica. On a brand new buzz single called, well, Brand New, Curt, Craig, and Ramon introduce listeners to their unique style, which might best be described as “R&B with a Jamaican twist.” Dadetown Music head Bigg D takes on production duties for this cut, which is derived from The Stylistics’ Philadelphia soul classic of the same name. With a classic slow-jam backdrop and reggae-influenced verses, this for-the-ladies record has plenty of crossover potential. Three Kingz’ debut album has yet to receive a title or release date, but an enthusiastic listener response to Brand New may be what it takes to get the label’s attention.
Written by richard on 01/5/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.