Money may not be able to buy you love or happiness, but it can get you the next best, uh, abstract commodity. That’s right: swagger. On this potential single off his forthcoming sophomore full-length, 2 Pistols announces that he’s offering his excess Swagg 4 Sale to squares with extra cash on hand (maybe Bill Gates would be interested). This track’s title may elicit a few groans from swaggered-out listeners, but the execution is damned hard to resist. If the Floridian emcee’s wordplay-laced lyrical stunting (“Pocket full of cheddar cheese, that’s why the hood rats be pullin’ on my jeans) and DJ Frank E‘s infectiously sunny synth-xylophone accompaniment don’t have you nodding along, the sing-along chorus will undoubtedly do the trick. So, Booth readers, would you be willing to shell out a few bucks for a slice of 2P’s swag? If your answer’s “Yes,” keep it locked to our front page for the latest on the rapper’s Arrogant LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass.
Listen to More: 2 Pistols
Written by richard on 10/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.