Money may not be able to buy you love or happiness, but it can get you the next best, uh, abstract commodity. That’s right: swagger. On this potential single off his forthcoming sophomore full-length, 2 Pistols announces that he’s offering his excess Swagg 4 Sale to squares with extra cash on hand (maybe Bill Gates would be interested). This track’s title may elicit a few groans from swaggered-out listeners, but the execution is damned hard to resist. If the Floridian emcee’s wordplay-laced lyrical stunting (“Pocket full of cheddar cheese, that’s why the hood rats be pullin’ on my jeans) and DJ Frank E‘s infectiously sunny synth-xylophone accompaniment don’t have you nodding along, the sing-along chorus will undoubtedly do the trick. So, Booth readers, would you be willing to shell out a few bucks for a slice of 2P’s swag? If your answer’s “Yes,” keep it locked to our front page for the latest on the rapper’s Arrogant LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 10/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.