Money may not be able to buy you love or happiness, but it can get you the next best, uh, abstract commodity. That’s right: swagger. On this potential single off his forthcoming sophomore full-length, 2 Pistols announces that he’s offering his excess Swagg 4 Sale to squares with extra cash on hand (maybe Bill Gates would be interested). This track’s title may elicit a few groans from swaggered-out listeners, but the execution is damned hard to resist. If the Floridian emcee’s wordplay-laced lyrical stunting (“Pocket full of cheddar cheese, that’s why the hood rats be pullin’ on my jeans) and DJ Frank E‘s infectiously sunny synth-xylophone accompaniment don’t have you nodding along, the sing-along chorus will undoubtedly do the trick. So, Booth readers, would you be willing to shell out a few bucks for a slice of 2P’s swag? If your answer’s “Yes,” keep it locked to our front page for the latest on the rapper’s Arrogant LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 10/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.