The sweet-talk 2 Pistols employed on My Gurl (set to hit radio on February 11th), must have worked like a charm; on his latest release, the emcee’s love interest has taken the bait, agreeing to go to his place for a little action with the Lights Low. Though featured artist Young Joe requests that the woman in question, “don’t tell nobody the freaky moments that we share,” on his soulful hook, Pistols has no compunctions about kissing and telling – in his breathless verses, he gives listeners an explicit rundown of the night’s activities, but laces the tale with enough compliments to make any lady blush. The rapper’s self-produced beat doesn’t hold any surprises, but invests the record with enough slow-burning sex appeal to make it a potential second single. Though 2 Pistols describes himself as Arrogant in the title of his forthcoming sophomore LP, what we’ve heard thus far has proven that the rapper is not afraid to show his sensitive side, at least when it comes to the ladies.
Written by richard on 01/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.