The sweet-talk 2 Pistols employed on My Gurl (set to hit radio on February 11th), must have worked like a charm; on his latest release, the emcee’s love interest has taken the bait, agreeing to go to his place for a little action with the Lights Low. Though featured artist Young Joe requests that the woman in question, “don’t tell nobody the freaky moments that we share,” on his soulful hook, Pistols has no compunctions about kissing and telling – in his breathless verses, he gives listeners an explicit rundown of the night’s activities, but laces the tale with enough compliments to make any lady blush. The rapper’s self-produced beat doesn’t hold any surprises, but invests the record with enough slow-burning sex appeal to make it a potential second single. Though 2 Pistols describes himself as Arrogant in the title of his forthcoming sophomore LP, what we’ve heard thus far has proven that the rapper is not afraid to show his sensitive side, at least when it comes to the ladies.
Written by richard on 01/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.