Florida native 2 Pistols’ gangsta-sounding stage name may paint him as a hard-nosed emcee who would choose Death Before Dishonor, but on the latest single off his currently-untitled sophomore effort a more sensitive side of the rapper is on display. The ladies will undoubtedly enjoy new record My Gurl, on which 2P serenades a special someone with the help of 112 alumnus Slim, who contributes a suitably soulful hook. 2 Pistols is at his most sincere on this sentimental cut, spitting lines like, “I asked my god to send me an angel and he did that/ minus the wings, with my name tatted on her back.,” over an synth-laden beat contributed by Oddz.N.Endz. Though neither a title nor a release date has been announced for Pistols’ forthcoming LP, My Gurl may change that, provided that it leaves listeners as lovestruck as the artist clearly is.
Written by richard on 12/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.