Florida native 2 Pistols’ gangsta-sounding stage name may paint him as a hard-nosed emcee who would choose Death Before Dishonor, but on the latest single off his currently-untitled sophomore effort a more sensitive side of the rapper is on display. The ladies will undoubtedly enjoy new record My Gurl, on which 2P serenades a special someone with the help of 112 alumnus Slim, who contributes a suitably soulful hook. 2 Pistols is at his most sincere on this sentimental cut, spitting lines like, “I asked my god to send me an angel and he did that/ minus the wings, with my name tatted on her back.,” over an synth-laden beat contributed by Oddz.N.Endz. Though neither a title nor a release date has been announced for Pistols’ forthcoming LP, My Gurl may change that, provided that it leaves listeners as lovestruck as the artist clearly is.
Written by richard on 12/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.