According to Merriam-Webster’s wonderful dictionary, the word “arrogant” is defined as “exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one’s own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner.” What does this mean in hip hop lingo? Simple: “I am the sh*t and I want everyone to know that I am the sh*t.” Not ashamed to admit he hopped over the fence labeled “confident” quite some time ago, rapper 2 Pistols has used this adjective as the title of his sophomore album (his first as a Cash Money signee). Come On, the follow-up single to Lights Low, finds the Florida native, along with new labelmate Lil Wayne and Grammy-nominated R&B stand-out J. Holiday, trying to convince a young lady to take a ride. Obviously, the word “ride” can be interpreted in a variety of ways, but the motive behind this Young Yony-produced record’s selection is pretty clear; to net 2P his first Top 10 chart placement since debut single She Got It. As always, we will leave it up to our readers to decide if Come On is worth a spin around the block.
Written by DJ Z on 08/11/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.