According to Merriam-Webster’s wonderful dictionary, the word “arrogant” is defined as “exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one’s own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner.” What does this mean in hip hop lingo? Simple: “I am the sh*t and I want everyone to know that I am the sh*t.” Not ashamed to admit he hopped over the fence labeled “confident” quite some time ago, rapper 2 Pistols has used this adjective as the title of his sophomore album (his first as a Cash Money signee). Come On, the follow-up single to Lights Low, finds the Florida native, along with new labelmate Lil Wayne and Grammy-nominated R&B stand-out J. Holiday, trying to convince a young lady to take a ride. Obviously, the word “ride” can be interpreted in a variety of ways, but the motive behind this Young Yony-produced record’s selection is pretty clear; to net 2P his first Top 10 chart placement since debut single She Got It. As always, we will leave it up to our readers to decide if Come On is worth a spin around the block.
Written by DJ Z on 08/11/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.