According to Merriam-Webster’s wonderful dictionary, the word “arrogant” is defined as “exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one’s own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner.” What does this mean in hip hop lingo? Simple: “I am the sh*t and I want everyone to know that I am the sh*t.” Not ashamed to admit he hopped over the fence labeled “confident” quite some time ago, rapper 2 Pistols has used this adjective as the title of his sophomore album (his first as a Cash Money signee). Come On, the follow-up single to Lights Low, finds the Florida native, along with new labelmate Lil Wayne and Grammy-nominated R&B stand-out J. Holiday, trying to convince a young lady to take a ride. Obviously, the word “ride” can be interpreted in a variety of ways, but the motive behind this Young Yony-produced record’s selection is pretty clear; to net 2P his first Top 10 chart placement since debut single She Got It. As always, we will leave it up to our readers to decide if Come On is worth a spin around the block.
Written by DJ Z on 08/11/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.