According to Merriam-Webster’s wonderful dictionary, the word “arrogant” is defined as “exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one’s own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner.” What does this mean in hip hop lingo? Simple: “I am the sh*t and I want everyone to know that I am the sh*t.” Not ashamed to admit he hopped over the fence labeled “confident” quite some time ago, rapper 2 Pistols has used this adjective as the title of his sophomore album (his first as a Cash Money signee). Come On, the follow-up single to Lights Low, finds the Florida native, along with new labelmate Lil Wayne and Grammy-nominated R&B stand-out J. Holiday, trying to convince a young lady to take a ride. Obviously, the word “ride” can be interpreted in a variety of ways, but the motive behind this Young Yony-produced record’s selection is pretty clear; to net 2P his first Top 10 chart placement since debut single She Got It. As always, we will leave it up to our readers to decide if Come On is worth a spin around the block.
Written by DJ Z on 08/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.