For those of you keeping track of the race to see who will emerge as Tampa Bay’s first major artist, we’re proud to announce a winner. Partially thanks to the underground success of his T-Pain-assisted She Got It (currently #1 on the Booth’s underground charts), rapper 2 Pistols has inked a deal with mid-major label, Universal Republic. Fortunate to have the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League trio as in-house producers, Pistols recruits one of their better-known clients, Young Jeezy (Don’t Get Caught, Bury Me A G), and slaps him on the new street single, Closed Eyes. While most of the releases courtesy of Universal Republic have sold poorly, 2 Pistols could easily break the cycle.
Written by Burmy on 01/31/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.