For those of you keeping track of the race to see who will emerge as Tampa Bay’s first major artist, we’re proud to announce a winner. Partially thanks to the underground success of his T-Pain-assisted She Got It (currently #1 on the Booth’s underground charts), rapper 2 Pistols has inked a deal with mid-major label, Universal Republic. Fortunate to have the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League trio as in-house producers, Pistols recruits one of their better-known clients, Young Jeezy (Don’t Get Caught, Bury Me A G), and slaps him on the new street single, Closed Eyes. While most of the releases courtesy of Universal Republic have sold poorly, 2 Pistols could easily break the cycle.
Written by Burmy on 01/31/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)