For those of you keeping track of the race to see who will emerge as Tampa Bay’s first major artist, we’re proud to announce a winner. Partially thanks to the underground success of his T-Pain-assisted She Got It (currently #1 on the Booth’s underground charts), rapper 2 Pistols has inked a deal with mid-major label, Universal Republic. Fortunate to have the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League trio as in-house producers, Pistols recruits one of their better-known clients, Young Jeezy (Don’t Get Caught, Bury Me A G), and slaps him on the new street single, Closed Eyes. While most of the releases courtesy of Universal Republic have sold poorly, 2 Pistols could easily break the cycle.
Written by Burmy on 01/31/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.