After oodles of independent buzz in his native Tarpon Springs, Florida, rapper 2 Pistols turned his underground grind into national shine thanks to the T-Pain and Tay Dizm-assisted single, She Got It. As his debut album’s release date grows ever closer, we feature yet another potential single with a female audience in mind. On That’s My Word, singer Trey Songz is brought aboard to reassure an unsatisfied woman that a better life awaits her… if she switches men. While there is no doubt the song’s target audience will be all over this, the fellas should be plenty impressed as J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League once again steps up their impressive boardwork. Death Before Dishonor hits the public this upcoming Tuesday, June 17.
Note: The streaming of “That’s My Word” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Burmy on 06/12/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got It ft. T-Pain & Tay Dizm" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.