As the state of Florida exploded onto the Hip-Hop scene in 2007, various MCs vied to be the first from Tampa Bay to obtain a major label deal. Now that it’s ‘08, it seems a front runner has emerged in the form of Tarpon Springs’, 2 Pistols. His introductory single, She Got It, has what it takes to become a hit: an energetic eight bars from feature guest Tay Dizm, club-certified production by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League (Bury Me A G,I Hustle), and a T-Pain‘s vocoder hook. Mix them all together, and you almost get Plies’ Shawty (right down to Pain’s vocals). Hey, if it can work for Plies in southwest Florida, it can certainly work for 2 Pistols in Tampa. Right?
Written by Burmy on 01/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Closed Eyes ft. Young Jeezy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.