As the state of Florida exploded onto the Hip-Hop scene in 2007, various MCs vied to be the first from Tampa Bay to obtain a major label deal. Now that it’s ‘08, it seems a front runner has emerged in the form of Tarpon Springs’, 2 Pistols. His introductory single, She Got It, has what it takes to become a hit: an energetic eight bars from feature guest Tay Dizm, club-certified production by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League (Bury Me A G,I Hustle), and a T-Pain‘s vocoder hook. Mix them all together, and you almost get Plies’ Shawty (right down to Pain’s vocals). Hey, if it can work for Plies in southwest Florida, it can certainly work for 2 Pistols in Tampa. Right?
Written by Burmy on 01/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Closed Eyes ft. Young Jeezy" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.