As the state of Florida exploded onto the Hip-Hop scene in 2007, various MCs vied to be the first from Tampa Bay to obtain a major label deal. Now that it’s ‘08, it seems a front runner has emerged in the form of Tarpon Springs’, 2 Pistols. His introductory single, She Got It, has what it takes to become a hit: an energetic eight bars from feature guest Tay Dizm, club-certified production by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League (Bury Me A G,I Hustle), and a T-Pain‘s vocoder hook. Mix them all together, and you almost get Plies’ Shawty (right down to Pain’s vocals). Hey, if it can work for Plies in southwest Florida, it can certainly work for 2 Pistols in Tampa. Right?
Written by Burmy on 01/6/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Closed Eyes ft. Young Jeezy" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.