As the state of Florida exploded onto the Hip-Hop scene in 2007, various MCs vied to be the first from Tampa Bay to obtain a major label deal. Now that it’s ‘08, it seems a front runner has emerged in the form of Tarpon Springs’, 2 Pistols. His introductory single, She Got It, has what it takes to become a hit: an energetic eight bars from feature guest Tay Dizm, club-certified production by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League (Bury Me A G,I Hustle), and a T-Pain‘s vocoder hook. Mix them all together, and you almost get Plies’ Shawty (right down to Pain’s vocals). Hey, if it can work for Plies in southwest Florida, it can certainly work for 2 Pistols in Tampa. Right?
Written by Burmy on 01/6/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Closed Eyes ft. Young Jeezy" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.