Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Aside from science, math class was the bane of my existence; I could never get the hang of it no matter how hard I tried (I swear, mom). Despite my hatred, however, some math does come easy for me. For example, 2 Chainz plus Cap-1 equals new single Where U Been?. Add in producer strong>Mike WiLL Made It, who cooks up the track’s staggered, chiming boardwork, and the excellence is multiplied for maximum turnt-up-ed-ness (yes, that is a real math term). Atop the quirky board work Chainz delivers his notorious, left-of-center, braggadocios style, which is complemented nicely by Cap’s crisp, accelerated flow; while Cap-1’s approach is different than the song’s main attraction, the luxurious, absurd lyrics are right up the Def Jam artist’s alley. Where U Been? will be found on Chainz’s forthcoming sophomore album, B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time, due out in September.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view 2 Chainz’ Sharod Marcus Simpson-directed Where U Been? visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pimp C Back" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.