Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Aside from science, math class was the bane of my existence; I could never get the hang of it no matter how hard I tried (I swear, mom). Despite my hatred, however, some math does come easy for me. For example, 2 Chainz plus Cap-1 equals new single Where U Been?. Add in producer strong>Mike WiLL Made It, who cooks up the track’s staggered, chiming boardwork, and the excellence is multiplied for maximum turnt-up-ed-ness (yes, that is a real math term). Atop the quirky board work Chainz delivers his notorious, left-of-center, braggadocios style, which is complemented nicely by Cap’s crisp, accelerated flow; while Cap-1’s approach is different than the song’s main attraction, the luxurious, absurd lyrics are right up the Def Jam artist’s alley. Where U Been? will be found on Chainz’s forthcoming sophomore album, B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time, due out in September.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view 2 Chainz’ Sharod Marcus Simpson-directed Where U Been? visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pimp C Back" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.