If the hip-hop game tested emcees for illicit substances the way the MLB screens players for performance-enhancing drugs, I have a feeling there would be a lot fewer rappers. One of the first out the door would be 2 Chainz, who proudly compares himself to currently-suspended Yankee A-Rod on this freshly-released promo single, a cut previously performed live on his 2 Good 2 Be T.R.U. tour. Over Young Chop‘s trunk-rattling production, the A-Town hitmaker emphasizes his penchant for “smoking that strong” and alludes to his former career “[running] base.” Bad Boy hitmaker French Montana lends his flow to the final verse, and Sharod Marcus Simpson directs the non-work-safe official visuals. (Keep your eye out for a cameo from Wale.) A-Rod isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Chainz’s 2014 plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/30/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pimp C Back" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.