If the hip-hop game tested emcees for illicit substances the way the MLB screens players for performance-enhancing drugs, I have a feeling there would be a lot fewer rappers. One of the first out the door would be 2 Chainz, who proudly compares himself to currently-suspended Yankee A-Rod on this freshly-released promo single, a cut previously performed live on his 2 Good 2 Be T.R.U. tour. Over Young Chop‘s trunk-rattling production, the A-Town hitmaker emphasizes his penchant for “smoking that strong” and alludes to his former career “[running] base.” Bad Boy hitmaker French Montana lends his flow to the final verse, and Sharod Marcus Simpson directs the non-work-safe official visuals. (Keep your eye out for a cameo from Wale.) A-Rod isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Chainz’s 2014 plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pimp C Back" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)