1982 is well-known as the year that Thriller became the highest selling album of all time and E.T. melted the hearts of a nation, but it just so happens that 1982 is also the name of a pretty dope duo consisting of producer Statik Selektah and emcee Termanology. Well, that dope duo recently linked up with guest emcees Cory Gunz and Kid Ink for the remixed version of their 2012 single Up Every Night. The two new additions seem to breathe new life into Up Every Night (Remix) with their energetic verses and individual swagger while 1982 hold their own. Statik’s production on Up Every Night (Remix) is an interesting pairing of vintage sounds and modern effects thanks to his use of scratches and samples. The original version of Up Every Night can be found on 1982’s 2012 album, while the remixed version is available for purchase on iTunes.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Darkest Cloud" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.