1982 was a very, very good year, for that was the year a young hip-hop writer named Nathan S. who would later change the world was born. I’m sorry, where were we? Oh yes, Goin Back. The new street single from 1982, otherwise known as Termanology and Statik Selektah, Goin Back, like their previous efforts Darkest Cloud and The Lottery, feature a predictably dope and soul-sampled beat from Statik and hard cut rhymes from Term, who fitting takes us back to a time when rhyme skills are what mattered most. This time around however, Boston’s latest championship duo recruits some help in the form of Philly’s best battle rapper Cassidy, who unexpectedly drops multiple references to ancient Greek literature, and consummate west coaster and ride-pimper Xzibit, who wants the world to know he believes in your cleavage (Obama he isn’t). Considering 1982’s aptly named 1982 (The Album) doesn’t drop until October 26, I think we can expect at least a couple more offerings from the duo. And when we do, you know who will serve ‘em up. Keep it locked.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Darkest Cloud" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.