1982 was a very, very good year, for that was the year a young hip-hop writer named Nathan S. who would later change the world was born. I’m sorry, where were we? Oh yes, Goin Back. The new street single from 1982, otherwise known as Termanology and Statik Selektah, Goin Back, like their previous efforts Darkest Cloud and The Lottery, feature a predictably dope and soul-sampled beat from Statik and hard cut rhymes from Term, who fitting takes us back to a time when rhyme skills are what mattered most. This time around however, Boston’s latest championship duo recruits some help in the form of Philly’s best battle rapper Cassidy, who unexpectedly drops multiple references to ancient Greek literature, and consummate west coaster and ride-pimper Xzibit, who wants the world to know he believes in your cleavage (Obama he isn’t). Considering 1982’s aptly named 1982 (The Album) doesn’t drop until October 26, I think we can expect at least a couple more offerings from the duo. And when we do, you know who will serve ‘em up. Keep it locked.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/2/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Darkest Cloud" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.