Sometimes an artist spends months painstakingly crafting the perfect song, and sometimes they just get in the studio, down a couple shots of Patrón Tequila and make some laid back, naturally dope hip-hop. Considering a title like Cafe Patron, I think we can assume the latest release from 1982 (Statik Selektah and Termanology) is much more the latter. As always Statik comes through with a chopped and then looped beat that brings some serious soul, while Term take a moment to get lyrically vicious, “Tramplin on the weak cause they takin advantage / you handle the paper right then get seen with the hammers.” While this one was simply the product of a late night jam session, it should serve as a dope reminder that 1982’s 2012 album is available on iTunes right now.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Darkest Cloud" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.