Sometimes an artist spends months painstakingly crafting the perfect song, and sometimes they just get in the studio, down a couple shots of Patrón Tequila and make some laid back, naturally dope hip-hop. Considering a title like Cafe Patron, I think we can assume the latest release from 1982 (Statik Selektah and Termanology) is much more the latter. As always Statik comes through with a chopped and then looped beat that brings some serious soul, while Term take a moment to get lyrically vicious, “Tramplin on the weak cause they takin advantage / you handle the paper right then get seen with the hammers.” While this one was simply the product of a late night jam session, it should serve as a dope reminder that 1982’s 2012 album is available on iTunes right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/19/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Darkest Cloud" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)