Sometimes an artist spends months painstakingly crafting the perfect song, and sometimes they just get in the studio, down a couple shots of Patrón Tequila and make some laid back, naturally dope hip-hop. Considering a title like Cafe Patron, I think we can assume the latest release from 1982 (Statik Selektah and Termanology) is much more the latter. As always Statik comes through with a chopped and then looped beat that brings some serious soul, while Term take a moment to get lyrically vicious, “Tramplin on the weak cause they takin advantage / you handle the paper right then get seen with the hammers.” While this one was simply the product of a late night jam session, it should serve as a dope reminder that 1982’s 2012 album is available on iTunes right now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Darkest Cloud" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.