All right, folks, it’s time for a history lesson. The tail end of WWI ushered in the Roaring Twenties, one of the few American golden ages of the past century. It was an era of economic prosperity, consumerism, and cultural innovation, resulting in new technologies like the automobile and the radio, and new fads like the Charleston and jazz music. While contemporary R&B group 1920 is tight-lipped about the origin of their name, they sure do capture the carefree sound of that era. Sure, they incorporate plenty of modern elements into their music, like a subtle T-Pain-esque autotune effect. And sure, their forthcoming album, Sex Sells, likely would have been blacklisted, but you get the point. Check out Backseat (produced by Fittedtrax) and let it take you back to a bygone era.
Listen to More: 1920 Written by Charlie E.
The Black Collar Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.