All right, folks, it’s time for a history lesson. The tail end of WWI ushered in the Roaring Twenties, one of the few American golden ages of the past century. It was an era of economic prosperity, consumerism, and cultural innovation, resulting in new technologies like the automobile and the radio, and new fads like the Charleston and jazz music. While contemporary R&B group 1920 is tight-lipped about the origin of their name, they sure do capture the carefree sound of that era. Sure, they incorporate plenty of modern elements into their music, like a subtle T-Pain-esque autotune effect. And sure, their forthcoming album, Sex Sells, likely would have been blacklisted, but you get the point. Check out Backseat (produced by Fittedtrax) and let it take you back to a bygone era.
Listen to More: 1920
Written by Charlie E. on 07/2/08
Submit your Rating
The Black Collar Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.