All right, folks, it’s time for a history lesson. The tail end of WWI ushered in the Roaring Twenties, one of the few American golden ages of the past century. It was an era of economic prosperity, consumerism, and cultural innovation, resulting in new technologies like the automobile and the radio, and new fads like the Charleston and jazz music. While contemporary R&B group 1920 is tight-lipped about the origin of their name, they sure do capture the carefree sound of that era. Sure, they incorporate plenty of modern elements into their music, like a subtle T-Pain-esque autotune effect. And sure, their forthcoming album, Sex Sells, likely would have been blacklisted, but you get the point. Check out Backseat (produced by Fittedtrax) and let it take you back to a bygone era.
Listen to More: 1920 Written by Charlie E.
The Black Collar Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.