All right, folks, it’s time for a history lesson. The tail end of WWI ushered in the Roaring Twenties, one of the few American golden ages of the past century. It was an era of economic prosperity, consumerism, and cultural innovation, resulting in new technologies like the automobile and the radio, and new fads like the Charleston and jazz music. While contemporary R&B group 1920 is tight-lipped about the origin of their name, they sure do capture the carefree sound of that era. Sure, they incorporate plenty of modern elements into their music, like a subtle T-Pain-esque autotune effect. And sure, their forthcoming album, Sex Sells, likely would have been blacklisted, but you get the point. Check out Backseat (produced by Fittedtrax) and let it take you back to a bygone era.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/2/08
Submit your Rating
The Black Collar Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.