All right, folks, it’s time for a history lesson. The tail end of WWI ushered in the Roaring Twenties, one of the few American golden ages of the past century. It was an era of economic prosperity, consumerism, and cultural innovation, resulting in new technologies like the automobile and the radio, and new fads like the Charleston and jazz music. While contemporary R&B group 1920 is tight-lipped about the origin of their name, they sure do capture the carefree sound of that era. Sure, they incorporate plenty of modern elements into their music, like a subtle T-Pain-esque autotune effect. And sure, their forthcoming album, Sex Sells, likely would have been blacklisted, but you get the point. Check out Backseat (produced by Fittedtrax) and let it take you back to a bygone era.
Written by Charlie E. on 07/2/08
Submit your Rating
The Black Collar Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.