Hold on to your fitteds, Booth readers, because this one’s a shocker: despite bearing the title “Higher” and being the work of an artist whose stage name is a thinly-veiled reference to spliffs, The 12th Letter‘s first Booth feature is not (entirely) about smoking weed. Instead, the record is a motivational jam exhorting listeners to shoot for the stars and make their dreams into reality. Not that lovers of Mary Jane will be disappointed; flowing over Litewrks Creative‘s driving electronic grooves, the headliner’s peppers his uplifting bars with drug-related innuendo, and hookman Frank Ryan makes the analogy explicit on the outro. Has 12th succeeded in elevating your mindstate with his first Booth feature? More fresh and innovative tunes await on debut full-length Hear No Evil | Music to My Ears, out digitally as of—you guessed it—December 12, 2012.
Written by richard on 01/18/13
Submit your Rating
Motion Picture Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.