Hold on to your fitteds, Booth readers, because this one’s a shocker: despite bearing the title “Higher” and being the work of an artist whose stage name is a thinly-veiled reference to spliffs, The 12th Letter‘s first Booth feature is not (entirely) about smoking weed. Instead, the record is a motivational jam exhorting listeners to shoot for the stars and make their dreams into reality. Not that lovers of Mary Jane will be disappointed; flowing over Litewrks Creative‘s driving electronic grooves, the headliner’s peppers his uplifting bars with drug-related innuendo, and hookman Frank Ryan makes the analogy explicit on the outro. Has 12th succeeded in elevating your mindstate with his first Booth feature? More fresh and innovative tunes await on debut full-length Hear No Evil | Music to My Ears, out digitally as of—you guessed it—December 12, 2012.
Written by richard on 01/18/13
Motion Picture Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.