Hold on to your fitteds, Booth readers, because this one’s a shocker: despite bearing the title “Higher” and being the work of an artist whose stage name is a thinly-veiled reference to spliffs, The 12th Letter‘s first Booth feature is not (entirely) about smoking weed. Instead, the record is a motivational jam exhorting listeners to shoot for the stars and make their dreams into reality. Not that lovers of Mary Jane will be disappointed; flowing over Litewrks Creative‘s driving electronic grooves, the headliner’s peppers his uplifting bars with drug-related innuendo, and hookman Frank Ryan makes the analogy explicit on the outro. Has 12th succeeded in elevating your mindstate with his first Booth feature? More fresh and innovative tunes await on debut full-length Hear No Evil | Music to My Ears, out digitally as of—you guessed it—December 12, 2012.
Written by richard on 01/18/13
Submit your Rating
Motion Picture Music
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.