Rap PSA time: Emcees, if you use production that features a sample from a legend in the game, then y’all better really come with it. Need an example? How about 100dbs & Ryan O’Neil’s latest single Power To The People, which draws its foundation from the legendary Curtis Mayfield’s record of the same name. 100dBs, who handles the boardwork, cooks up an understated, vintage production that is littered with Mayfield’s sultry vocals and a few other well placed samples. The New Yorker’s well-composed, dynamic boardwork is a perfect match with O’Neil’s understated, yet quirky and captivating flow that dives headfirst into the type of astute social commentary that would make Mayfield proud. Want more power? Then be sure to check out the dynamic duo’s album Tea & Spliffs album, set for release later this month via HiPNOTT Records .
Written by Lucas G. on 11/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait a Minute" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.