Long before Stephenie Meyer made “vampire” synonymous with “brooding, sparkly teenage heartthrob” there was Count Dracula, the bloodthirsty, yet refined title character of Bram Stoker’s 1897 novel. On his latest single and debut DJBooth feature, Empire State rhymesayer 100 Grand takes inspiration from the Transylvanian nobleman, imagining himself as a hemovore with a taste for sucker emcees. XXYYXX provides a fittingly ghoulish, sampled backdrop for the emcee’s aggressive verses, incorporating vocal snippets from Bela Lugosi’s iconic 1931 turn as Dracula on the front and back. 100 Grand’s latest street album, In Do Time, is scheduled for digital release this June. In the meantime, you can watch our pages for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 04/7/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.