Long before Stephenie Meyer made “vampire” synonymous with “brooding, sparkly teenage heartthrob” there was Count Dracula, the bloodthirsty, yet refined title character of Bram Stoker’s 1897 novel. On his latest single and debut DJBooth feature, Empire State rhymesayer 100 Grand takes inspiration from the Transylvanian nobleman, imagining himself as a hemovore with a taste for sucker emcees. XXYYXX provides a fittingly ghoulish, sampled backdrop for the emcee’s aggressive verses, incorporating vocal snippets from Bela Lugosi’s iconic 1931 turn as Dracula on the front and back. 100 Grand’s latest street album, In Do Time, is scheduled for digital release this June. In the meantime, you can watch our pages for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 04/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.