Long before Stephenie Meyer made “vampire” synonymous with “brooding, sparkly teenage heartthrob” there was Count Dracula, the bloodthirsty, yet refined title character of Bram Stoker’s 1897 novel. On his latest single and debut DJBooth feature, Empire State rhymesayer 100 Grand takes inspiration from the Transylvanian nobleman, imagining himself as a hemovore with a taste for sucker emcees. XXYYXX provides a fittingly ghoulish, sampled backdrop for the emcee’s aggressive verses, incorporating vocal snippets from Bela Lugosi’s iconic 1931 turn as Dracula on the front and back. 100 Grand’s latest street album, In Do Time, is scheduled for digital release this June. In the meantime, you can watch our pages for further song releases off the forthcoming set.
Written by richard on 04/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.