As Vibe Magazine hails Plies as the “future of rap,” the Florida goon is giving singer 1 Lee his full endorsement as the next street R&B star. On Acting Like, a hood cut produced by the Jazze Pha/Jim Crow-influenced ATL Fatboys, the duo call into question the heart of those who talk big, but choose to remain quiet when the drama is turned up a notch. Though the arrogance on this track is astounding, both artists seem to carry some credibility – right? With a yet-untitled debut set for a March release, 1 Lee might have a lot of work to do if he wants to break free of the trapper rapper curse, but he is well on his way to becoming an MTV/BET darling with Plies by his side.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/1/08
Submit your Rating
Two Dog Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.