As Vibe Magazine hails Plies as the “future of rap,” the Florida goon is giving singer 1 Lee his full endorsement as the next street R&B star. On Acting Like, a hood cut produced by the Jazze Pha/Jim Crow-influenced ATL Fatboys, the duo call into question the heart of those who talk big, but choose to remain quiet when the drama is turned up a notch. Though the arrogance on this track is astounding, both artists seem to carry some credibility – right? With a yet-untitled debut set for a March release, 1 Lee might have a lot of work to do if he wants to break free of the trapper rapper curse, but he is well on his way to becoming an MTV/BET darling with Plies by his side.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/1/08
Submit your Rating
Two Dog Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.