As Vibe Magazine hails Plies as the “future of rap,” the Florida goon is giving singer 1 Lee his full endorsement as the next street R&B star. On Acting Like, a hood cut produced by the Jazze Pha/Jim Crow-influenced ATL Fatboys, the duo call into question the heart of those who talk big, but choose to remain quiet when the drama is turned up a notch. Though the arrogance on this track is astounding, both artists seem to carry some credibility – right? With a yet-untitled debut set for a March release, 1 Lee might have a lot of work to do if he wants to break free of the trapper rapper curse, but he is well on his way to becoming an MTV/BET darling with Plies by his side.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/1/08
Two Dog Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)