A 20 Song Tour Through John Legend’s Career
Whenever I attend a live show, I always try meet up with the artist, and if I’m lucky grab a few quotes. For indie artists at a small venue it’s no big deal, but it’s a little bit harder to get a second with someone like, say, John Legend. No worries, though, because when I caught his performance in Baltimore last night, the show itself was almost like an interview. Spliced in between classics like “Ordinary People” and “Green Light,” Mr. Legend took some time to discuss his career, seemingly reading my mind and answering the questions I know I would have asked. For example, did you know that even after credits on albums from the likes of Lauryn Hill, Jay Z and Alicia Keys, John was still turned down by labels (including the one he is on now!), and when he writes songs, he uses gibberish in place of the words he has yet to write; he even sung in gibberish to show us just what it sounds like.
Concert reviews are always a tough task - it’s like one big “you had to be there” - so rather than tell you how dope John Legend was live (which should come as no surprise), instead, let’s take a tour through his stellar career, from hit songs he helped write for others to his own hits, and appreciate the music; we can all enjoy that. And if this has you properly inspired to check him out live, cop your tickets here!
Written by Lucas G. on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.