Almost Famous: Your Favorite Rappers’ First DJBooth Feature
Thought it might seem like they’ve been stars forever, even Jay, Kanye and Nas had to start somewhere, and for a new generation of artists, that somewhere was The DJBooth. Today, we celebrate the first DJBooth post of some of our favorite emcees, from Kendrick Lamar when was he was K. Dot to Wiz Khalifa when he was (almost) tattoo-free. As you listen, be sure to go back and check out the write-ups and comments. It’s a kick to see people debating whether or not Mac Miller, Kendrick, and The Weeknd were stars in the making (hint they were).
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.