Almost Famous: Your Favorite Rappers’ First DJBooth Feature
Thought it might seem like they’ve been stars forever, even Jay, Kanye and Nas had to start somewhere, and for a new generation of artists, that somewhere was The DJBooth. Today, we celebrate the first DJBooth post of some of our favorite emcees, from Kendrick Lamar when was he was K. Dot to Wiz Khalifa when he was (almost) tattoo-free. As you listen, be sure to go back and check out the write-ups and comments. It’s a kick to see people debating whether or not Mac Miller, Kendrick, and The Weeknd were stars in the making (hint they were).
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.