Young Scolla & SMKA Seek Grassroots Funding for New Album [Video]
Atlanta, Ga. -- Young Scolla, the Motown buzzmaker (and freestyle series alum) last heard on leaked cut "On My Way," and ATL production crew SMKA are taking an outside-the-box approach to securing funds for their forthcoming street album: with the help of KickStart.com, the collaborators are asking fans to pledge a few dollars to help them meet their $4,000 goal before March 1. As an incentive to donate, they're offering for that range from high-fives (for a donation of $2 or more) to a release party in your hometown ($1,000).
To learn more, check out the video below, or click here to go straight to their Kickstart page!
Written by richard on 01/12/11
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.