Young Scolla & SMKA Seek Grassroots Funding for New Album [Video]
Atlanta, Ga. -- Young Scolla, the Motown buzzmaker (and freestyle series alum) last heard on leaked cut "On My Way," and ATL production crew SMKA are taking an outside-the-box approach to securing funds for their forthcoming street album: with the help of KickStart.com, the collaborators are asking fans to pledge a few dollars to help them meet their $4,000 goal before March 1. As an incentive to donate, they're offering for that range from high-fives (for a donation of $2 or more) to a release party in your hometown ($1,000).
To learn more, check out the video below, or click here to go straight to their Kickstart page!
Written by richard on 01/12/11
You Might Like...
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.