Young Jeezy Gives Assorted Ambitious Hustlaz a Sneak Peek at “TM103”
“Keep pushing baby”, said Young Jeezy as we posed for a picture inside the penthouse of The Hotel On Rivington the night of December 8. Spoken like a true realist, that message will probably resonate with me for the rest of my life. As someone who was born with a permanent disability, its messages like that that motivates me to continue pursuing my dreams – and who better to say it than one of the most, if not the most motivated rapper I’ve ever crossed paths with.
After a few setbacks, Jeezy’s Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition will finally see the light of day via Def Jam on December 20. Since I had an opportunity to preview the album, I can attest the final installment of the TM series was definitely worth the wait. Something the snowman has dubbed a ‘classic’ the final product is a collection of 14 songs (18 on the deluxe version) laced with raw verses that serve as a soundtrack to the trap star’s life. Though a vast majority of the album was made for the fellas, Jizzle also made sure his appreciation for his female audience didn’t go unnoticed. One of my favorite cuts on the LP has to be Trapped, featuring rap-sung verses from Jill Scott and backed by the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League’s always impressive production.
With quite a few outstanding tracks to choose from, the project boasts records like O.J., alongside Fabolous and Jadakiss who reference one of the most controversial trials of the early 90’s, a bass-heavy stripper anthem on the 2Chainz-assisted SupaFreak, and notable guest appearances by Andre 3000, Jay-Z, Ne-Yo, Snoop Dogg and more.
Click here to pre-order TM103.
Props to the homie JD Tumins for the photo.
Written by Ru Porter on 12/13/11
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.