Xenon to Distribute Snoop Dogg’s Hood
Variety -- Urban and Spanish-language distributor Xenon Pictures picked up U.S. theatrical rights to Snoop Dogg's frightfest anthology Hood of Horror, reports Variety. Xenon is eyeing a fall theatrical release, followed by a DVD release in the spring.
BloodWorks and Social Capital Films teamed with rapper-actor Snoop Dogg in producing the film, directed by Oscar-nominated helmer Stacy Title (The Last Supper) from a screenplay by Jonathan McHugh, Tim Sullivan, Chris Kobin and Jacob Hair.
The three tales, told by Snoop Dogg, revolve around the residents of an inner-city neighborhood whose actions determine where they will go in the afterlife. The film features anime sequences from Madhouse that were supervised by visual effects supervisor John Gaeta ("The Matrix" trilogy).
The ensemble cast includes Ernie Hudson, Danny Trejo, Method Man, Jason Alexander, Anson Mount, Daniella Alonso and Brande Roderick.
Written by DJ Z on 07/1/06
You Might Like...
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)