Xenon to Distribute Snoop Dogg’s Hood
Variety -- Urban and Spanish-language distributor Xenon Pictures picked up U.S. theatrical rights to Snoop Dogg's frightfest anthology Hood of Horror, reports Variety. Xenon is eyeing a fall theatrical release, followed by a DVD release in the spring.
BloodWorks and Social Capital Films teamed with rapper-actor Snoop Dogg in producing the film, directed by Oscar-nominated helmer Stacy Title (The Last Supper) from a screenplay by Jonathan McHugh, Tim Sullivan, Chris Kobin and Jacob Hair.
The three tales, told by Snoop Dogg, revolve around the residents of an inner-city neighborhood whose actions determine where they will go in the afterlife. The film features anime sequences from Madhouse that were supervised by visual effects supervisor John Gaeta ("The Matrix" trilogy).
The ensemble cast includes Ernie Hudson, Danny Trejo, Method Man, Jason Alexander, Anson Mount, Daniella Alonso and Brande Roderick.
Written by DJ Z on 07/1/06
You Might Like...
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.