Xenon to Distribute Snoop Dogg’s Hood
Variety -- Urban and Spanish-language distributor Xenon Pictures picked up U.S. theatrical rights to Snoop Dogg's frightfest anthology Hood of Horror, reports Variety. Xenon is eyeing a fall theatrical release, followed by a DVD release in the spring.
BloodWorks and Social Capital Films teamed with rapper-actor Snoop Dogg in producing the film, directed by Oscar-nominated helmer Stacy Title (The Last Supper) from a screenplay by Jonathan McHugh, Tim Sullivan, Chris Kobin and Jacob Hair.
The three tales, told by Snoop Dogg, revolve around the residents of an inner-city neighborhood whose actions determine where they will go in the afterlife. The film features anime sequences from Madhouse that were supervised by visual effects supervisor John Gaeta ("The Matrix" trilogy).
The ensemble cast includes Ernie Hudson, Danny Trejo, Method Man, Jason Alexander, Anson Mount, Daniella Alonso and Brande Roderick.
Written by DJ Z on 07/1/06
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.