Xenon to Distribute Snoop Dogg’s Hood
Variety -- Urban and Spanish-language distributor Xenon Pictures picked up U.S. theatrical rights to Snoop Dogg's frightfest anthology Hood of Horror, reports Variety. Xenon is eyeing a fall theatrical release, followed by a DVD release in the spring.
BloodWorks and Social Capital Films teamed with rapper-actor Snoop Dogg in producing the film, directed by Oscar-nominated helmer Stacy Title (The Last Supper) from a screenplay by Jonathan McHugh, Tim Sullivan, Chris Kobin and Jacob Hair.
The three tales, told by Snoop Dogg, revolve around the residents of an inner-city neighborhood whose actions determine where they will go in the afterlife. The film features anime sequences from Madhouse that were supervised by visual effects supervisor John Gaeta ("The Matrix" trilogy).
The ensemble cast includes Ernie Hudson, Danny Trejo, Method Man, Jason Alexander, Anson Mount, Daniella Alonso and Brande Roderick.
Written by DJ Z on 07/1/06
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.